Poor Ms. Kimball's been battling a cold, and had to take a couple of sick days this past week.
- Students were great, doing best to accommodate my sore throat by reading verbal cues and my typing to get directions and instructions.
- Students enjoyed the field trip to the Minuteman National Park on Friday.
- We tackled math MCAS on Tuesday and Wednesday.
- We started opinion writing, learning how to structure an essay and hammer home a point using repetition.
What We Didn't Get To:
- We didn't get to completely finish book groups yet.
This Week's Plan
Upcoming Special Events:
- Twin Triplet Day -Tuesday, May 16th
- Early Release Wednesday -May 17th
- Science MCAS --Wednesday and Thursday, May 17th and 18th.
- Visit from Middles Schoolers -Thursday, May 18th at 1pm
- Get Up and Move Day --Friday, May 19th
Line Graphs. Line Plots with Fractions.
- We will be extending our knowledge of coordinate grids and using line graphs to analyze real world situations.
- We will also graph fractional data on a line plot and find the average amount by using our addition and division skills.
Finish Book Groups.
- We'll learn how to identify the theme of a story by analyzing the challenges a character faces, the climax of the story, and the resolution to see how a character changes and what lesson he/she learned.
- We will work on forming a strong argument, developing logical reasons to defend our argument, and supporting our reasons with evidence and logic.
American Revolution. Vocabulary building.
- Through readings, videos, and storytelling, we'll learn about the important battles of the American Revolutionary War.
- As we study the American Revolution, students confront many challenging vocabulary words, such as oppositional, controversy, and discontent. We will record new words and use them through discussion and activities, such as creating "Word Scales."
- We'll practice previous Science MCAS tests and review concepts.
Please check the Homework page for more details.
- Students are working on their final homework project of the year, the Global Citizenship Final Project. Our progress check in is this Friday.
- There is a new Blog #11 for students to reply to by Friday.
- Read 25 minutes at home per day and log the title, author, and time in the planner.
- There will be a math page for homework each night.
Thanks for Reading!
That's the plan for the week. Please feel free to email me with any questions, comments, or feedback.