- Our fifth grade Open House was on Wednesday this past week. Students shared their citizenship work with parents, giving little "elevator pitches" about their chosen causes and charitable organizations. Great job, 5th graders! Student musicians then performed three impressive pieces in the concert band led by Mr. Davis. What talent! And finally, the entire fifth grade sang four moving pieces in the chorus led by Mrs. Hodge. Congratulations to all for a great night, and thank you to parents for all of your support! Check out more pictures here.
- Fifth graders visited the middle school for a fun morning exploring the halls, classrooms, and facilities led by former Pine Hillers now in 6th grade. Students got a little preview of their future lives in middle school.
- Students took the End of Year Math Assessment to gauge their memories on all that they learned in math this year. They also took a trial Science MCAS test on the computers to get a taste of what future MCAS tests will look and feel like. We're almost done with all the testing for the year!
What We Didn't Get To:
- Some students still need a little more time to finish their opinion essays.
This Week's Plan
Upcoming Special Events:
- Hale Reservation Field Trip --Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, June 13th - 15th. Please see below for more information.
- Grade 5 Promotion Ceremony --Tuesday, June 20th.
- Field Day --Tuesday, June 20th after the Promotion Ceremony.
- Last Day of School -Wednesday, June 21st.
Hale Reservation Trip Info:
80 Carby Street Westwood, MA 02090 phone: 781-326-1770 fax: 781-326-0676 www.HaleReservation.org
Our trip to Hale Reservation is scheduled for this Tuesday, June 13th, Wednesday, June 14th and Thursday, June 15th. There are some things you should remember when preparing for our visit. With that in mind, we have created this checklist. Required items are in bold, while suggested items aren’t.
- Backpack – students will be responsible for their own items each day.
- Sturdy, closed-toe shoes – there will be walking, climbing, etc.
- Refillable, plastic water bottle
- Lunch and snack – no glass please!
- Sunscreen and bug spray
- Layers – it may be cool in the morning but hot in the afternoon. Wear clothing that can adjust with the temperature.
- Rain gear – if the possibility of rain is in the forecast, bring it.
- A positive attitude
- Your best behavior!
This is going to be a great trip filled with adventure, learning, and fun. It will be a great culmination to a year of hard-work. Let’s do everything we can to enjoy it together.
Remember to be mindful of the weather report for each day. We are outside all day – rain or shine!!!
PICK UP IS PROMPTLY AT 4:15 EACH DAY at Pine Hill School!
Remaining Academic Activities:
- Finish opinion essays.
- Work on vocabulary through "Word Scale" project.
- Watch PBS' "Liberty! The American Revolution," and learn about the major battles, the outcome of the war, and the development of the US Constitution.
- Learn some math tips and tricks for Middle School.
- Take a brief reading assessment.
- Read great books.
- Organize student portfolios.
- Reflect on progress and successes this year.
- Engage in closing activities to say "goodbye" to 5K.
Woo hoo! No more homework!
- But please look around the house and return any borrowed classroom library books. Thank you!
Thanks for Reading!
That's the plan for the week. Please feel free to email me with any questions, comments, or feedback.