To develop students' narrative technique, they focused on the following skills:
- Crafting introductions that hooked readers and wove in important details
- Structuring the story around a story arc that developed a problem into a climax and then a resolution
- Using dialogue, inner thoughts, and vivid language to elaborate
- Slowing down the most important parts and describing them bit by bit
- Crafting an ending that reflected back to the big meaning of the story
You can read some students' stories in the Comments section. Enjoy!