What an adventurous week! The fifth grade enjoyed a wilderness extravaganza at Hale Reservations swinging from ropes, scooping critters from the pond, eating plants, building fires, and much more. It was a great way to appreciate nature and learn teamwork.
On Friday, students squirmed through the puberty video. They learned what to expect as they slowly morph into their adult forms.
In writing, students wrapped up their last project –personal narratives with visual elements. Whitney, Maggie, Julia, August, and Ben shared their entertaining and powerful presentations of their stories. It’s almost like watching a movie!
Social Studies continues to thrill with the story of the American Revolution. We learned about George Washington’s struggle to lead an army that’s not really an army, and how the British make a number of missteps that enable the rebels to avoid defeat.
This (Final) Week's Plan
Monday, June 20:
- Promotion rehearsal, 10-11am
- Wrap up as much as possible with the read aloud, American Revolution, and Writing shares.
- Compile portfolios.
Tuesday, June 21:
- 5th Grade Promotion Ceremony and Reception, families invited, 9:00-11:00am, auditorium and cafeteria.
- Field Day for 4th and 5th grades, 12:30-2:30pm.
Wednesday, June 22:
- Half day, last day of school.
- All School Meeting, 5th grade slideshow at 8:45am.
- Fifth grade-wide reunion speech share at 9:15am.
- Memory Book Signing at 10:00am.
- Dish out report cards.
- Share memories, clean out cubbies and classroom spaces, say farewell (for now).
On Thursday, Mister Kimball and I are off to Portugal for a much needed vacation. Saúde!
Thank you for a wonderful school year students and parents! Have a most fabulous summer!