- We said "Goodbye," to the amazing Northeastern teaching intern, Ms. Amber, who has been working tirelessly all over Underwood since September. She is heading back to classes for the next semester. Keep in touch Ms. Amber! You're going to make a fantastic teacher!
- Students learned how to use Google Presentation to make an advertisement. The teamwork happening is class for our Colonial America project is phenomenal!
- We played a couple of fun math games to practice fraction concepts. My favorite is the new equivalent fraction betting game I came up with. Hopefully students like it too!
- Students did awesome on their Fractions Math Assessment. Grades will be coming home on Monday.
- We all finished our book groups! Hooray! Students grew so much in their abilities to have thoughtful, organized, analytical discussions about text. We'll be working on our final project to show an understanding of a narrator's point of view.
The plan for the next one and a half days:
Early dismissal at noon on Tuesday.
We'll be working on the following:
- Math games with fractions
- Presenting our Colonial America advertisements
- Finishing our final projects for our book groups
- Meeting with our first grade reading buddies and doing a fun craft activity
- Finishing up things from last week's plan
Happy Winter Break and Happy New Year!
See you next on January 5, 2014