For our first writing unit we learned how to write a personal narrative --a story about ourselves. Students worked on the following qualities of writing a good personal narrative:
- Is the story a seed story, not a giant watermelon topic?
- Does the story flow in a step by step way?
- Is there a lot of detail?
- Are the details vivid and clear?
- Does the story zoom into the important parts?
- Are there a lot of interesting vocabulary words?
- Is the intro strong and interesting?
- Does the ending leave a lasting impression?
- Are all of the words spelled correctly?
- Are capital letters in all the right places?
- Are all of my sentences complete and not running on without periods?
- Is punctuation used correctly?
We hope you enjoy reading our stories! Click on an individual students to read his or hers, or click on the category "Z Personal Narratives" to read everyone's.